While most people will only be talking about one aspect of last night’s legendary awards ceremony (best wishes Madge!) there are plenty of other highlights worthy of a mention.
Here’s your chance to recap the whole event from start to finish.
On your marks, get set ... GO!
16:39 Manning the red carpet, we prepare to meet and greet the celebs hoping to win one of these...
17:00 Ed Sheeran is the first to arrive. He went on to win two awards (British Male Solo Artist and MasterCard British Album of the Year) and deliver an exhilarating live performance of ‘Bloodstream’.
18:28 Still outside, we welcome Taylor Swift, Royal Blood and Paloma Faith – but who went on to win? (All of them, actually.)
20:03 A comical opening sequence from hosts Ant and Dec gets the ball rolling a little after 8pm.
20:30 Shortly after Ed scoops his first award Royal Blood are presented with British Group by legend Jimmy Paige.
21:02 Taylor Swift claims International Female Solo Artist after wowing audiences with a performance of Blank Space. This is her first BRIT award win following nominations in 2010 in 2013.
21:04 Moments later and Paloma Faith wins British Female Solo Artist with a characteristically quirky acceptance speech. Her performance of Only Love Can Hurt Like This goes down a treat too.
21:17 The BRITS Global Success award is taken by Sam Smith who also wins British Breakthrough Act and treats audiences to a live performance of Lay Me Down.
21:19 An undisputable winner, Pharrell shocks no one by winning International Male Solo Artist
21:40 Time for another live performance – this time All Day by Kanye West.
21:58 The public-voted British Video goes to One Direction for ‘You & I’. Thanks for voting!
22:36 After Madonna wraps up the show with ‘Living for Love’ while wearing a now world-famous Armani cape, the celebs bring the afterparty to The O2 and celebrate the only way they know how ... in style!
BRITS 2015: Quick-fire recap
A whistle-stop run-down of winners, presenters and performances...
Awards and presenters
- British Male Solo Artist Ed Sheeran (presented by Orlando Bloom and Rita Ora)
- British Female Solo Artist Paloma Faith (presented by Mark Ronson)
- British Group Royal Blood (presented by Jimmy Paige)
- International Group Foo Fighters (presented by John Bishop)
- British Breakthrough Act Sam Smith (presented by Fearne Cotton and Charli XCX)
- MasterCard British Album of the Year Ed Sheeran (presented by Russell Crowe)
- British Single of the Year Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars for ‘Uptown Funk’ (presented by Lisa Snowdon and Lionel Richie)
- International Male Solo Artist Pharrell Williams (presented by Cara Delevingne)
- International Female Solo Artist Taylor Swift (presented by Lewis Hamilton and Ellie Goulding)
- British Video One Direction for ‘You & I’ (presented by Jimmy Carr and Karlie Kloss)
- BRITS Global Success Sam Smith (presented by Kim Kardashian)
- Taylor Swift Blank Space
- Sam Smith Lay Me Down
- Royal Blood Figure It Out
- Ed Sheeran Bloodstream
- Kanye West All Day
- Take That Let in the Sun
- George Ezra Budapest
- Paloma Faith Only Love Can Hurt Like This
- Madonna Living For Love
Sign up to our newsletter and jump to the front of the queue.
Get access to exclusive updates and a heads-up on tickets.