We take the safety and security of all our fans and visitors very seriously. If you’re coming to the arena, please ensure you arrive in plenty of time to pass through our enhanced security checks.
In addition to your ticket being checked, we’ll search any small bags you bring with you; please remember large bags are not permitted. We’ll also get you to pass through our screening arches. The arches are nothing to worry about and are perfectly safe, even for those with pacemakers or pregnant women. It’s our way of checking that nothing is coming into our venue that shouldn’t be.
If you’re confused about prohibited items, you can check out a list right here.
Preparing for our screening
It’s really simple.
- Finish up any food and drink before you enter the arena itself as you’re not allowed to take these in with you when watching a show; it’s fine throughout the rest of The O2 campus.
- Head to the entrance that is stated on your ticket and join one of the queues.
- Take your phone, camera and any large metal objects out of your pockets and place them in the trays provided.
- You don’t need to remove belts or shoes.
- Simply pass through the screening arch when asked by one of the team and you’re good to go.
- Enjoy the show.
Remember: allow enough time as we don’t want you to miss a moment!
What else do we do to keep you safe?
The answer is lots. There are the security measures you can see and of course the ones you can’t. We monitor the whole site each and every day and our staff are trained to ensure all our guests have a safe, secure and happy time. We work very closely with the Metropolitan Police and members of the security services to ensure our security procedures are up to date and following best practice.
We also have a team of sniffer dogs working around the clock. If you’re lucky, you may see one on duty but please remember, these are busy working dogs with a very important job to do.