Keeping you safe at events
We are so excited to be welcoming you back to The O2 for events again.
To continue to keep our visitors, staff and artists safe and provide the very best fan experience, we have implemented a number of important measures to reassure and protect everyone at The O2. These measures are implemented in accordance with the current advice and guidance from UK and local Government, and will be continually reviewed.
- Please note that our Venue Terms and Conditions changed on 19 July 2021. The O2 is entitled to make such changes from time to time, as it considers necessary. The changes apply to all ticket holders, including those who purchased tickets before 19 July 2021. Please refer to our updated Venue Terms and Conditions here.
- Events that currently require an NHS Covid Pass
National Television Awards
Bring Me The Horizon
- Ticketholders will now be required to present their NHS COVID Pass on entry to The O2 arena in order to gain access to events and to help us to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19. This will entail a visual check on entry for one of the following certifications (as evidenced via the NHS COVID Pass): vaccine status, a negative test result, or COVID immunity. Self-declared exemptions will be permitted.
- If you are taking a Lateral Flow test please register the result on the NHS app and you’ll receive a confirmation text which you’ll need to show to gain entry to the arena.
- Failure to be able to produce the required certification will result in entry to The O2 arena being refused. Under 18's do not need to show the COVID Pass or show proof as advised by the NHS, but are still encouraged to test prior to the event.
We will continually review and assess this measure in line with the prevailing guidance.
Click here for full NHS COVID Pass details
The NHS COVID Pass is a certificate that demonstrates that you have at least one of the following:
- You have completed a full course of vaccination at least 14 days ago
- You have received a negative PCR or lateral flow test result within 36 hours of the event
- You have proof of natural immunity by way of a positive PCR test at least 180 days ago
You can create and present your NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App (including a downloadable pdf), on the NHS.UK website or as a paper letter, which can be requested through the NHS.UK website or by ringing 119. We will accept all of these forms of certification at The O2 arena, and will undertake a visual check at the arena doors to confirm validity. Limited evidenced exemptions will be permitted, including for those under 18 years of age.
If you are taking a test in order to gain the NHS COVID Pass:
PCR test kits can be ordered to be sent to your home address or you can book an appointment at a walk-in or drive-through test site. Both can be done via: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Lateral Flow test kits can be ordered online through the government website https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests or picked up from your local pharmacy.
Failure to be able to produce the required certification will result in entry to The O2 arena being refused. Under 18's do not need to show the COVID Pass or show proof as advised by the NHS, but are still encouraged to test prior to the event.
For more information on the NHS COVID Pass you can visit either of the below:
- We will be requiring all staff working at the event to demonstrate evidence of a negative lateral flow test before coming onto site.
- We are encouraging all visitors to be responsible and to continue to wear a face covering during their visit to The O2, particularly while moving around the venue and in busy spaces like the arena concourses.
- We have partnered with Lifebuoy to become Official Hand Sanitiser of The O2 with free sanitiser stations placed across the venue, and encouraging good hygiene practices by all visitors.
- We have introduced an air purification system throughout the arena with our Official Specialist Hygiene Services partner Rentokil Initial whose VIRUSKILLER™ technology removes and kills 99.9999%* of all airborne bacteria and viruses**, including Coronavirus.
- The O2 arena also has an advanced air filtering system with established quality control measures. Fresh air is brought in at ground level and rises into the arena bowl roof in four locations before being distributed throughout the arena, with stale air exhausted through the arena roof via four extracting fans.
- We have enhanced all cleaning regimes before, during and post event, sanitising all surfaces throughout The O2 including the arena and using long lasting cleaning solutions to reduce the risk of contact infections.
- We have introduced a strict clear bag policy so we can carry out security screening contact-free. Only one see-through bag is allowed per person.
- Finally, we are asking everyone to respect other visitors, keeping your distance where you can and appreciating we are all at different stages of comfort as the vaccinations and easing of restrictions are rolled out, so some people may still be apprehensive.
Thank you for your co-operation with these measures. We all have a part to play in helping beat the pandemic, and it’s important that we return to live events in the most socially responsible and secure way possible, so that we can continue to host the greatest live acts in the world at The O2.
We can’t wait to see you here.
Why are you implementing the NHS COVID Pass when it’s not been mandated by the government?
The Government has strongly encouraged all large venues to put this measure in place. We are taking all sensible precautions to help ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and artists, and to mitigate the risks of COVID-19. We see this as a matter of our social responsibility to help protect society and restart live events safely and securely, and to give fans confidence to be able attend and enjoy events again.
I don’t support this condition of entry
We recognise that everyone has a personal choice however, we are working within the Government guidelines and this is an important part of our revised venue measures to help ensure the safety of all visitors.
For those fans who are unable to attend we recommend transferring their tickets to someone who can or to make use the AXS Official Resale service.
How can I show my negative PCR/Lateral Flow Test result?
If you are taking a PCR/ Lateral Flow test please register the result here.
You’ll receive a confirmation text or email. Once you’ve downloaded the app select ‘Get Covid Pass’. You’ll need to show this to gain entry to the arena. Please make sure you’ve download the NHS Covid pass before you arrive.
I didn’t know I would have to do this when I booked tickets
Our terms and conditions enable us to make changes at any time, as needed, and to implement reasonable health and safety (and other) measures as a condition of entry. The NHS COVID Pass is free of charge and is available to everyone (save for very limited exceptions). Failure to show your certification will result in entry being refused.
My age group haven’t yet been offered a vaccine
We understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to receive a vaccine yet so you will need to be tested and show proof of a negative result on arrival.
I am clinically exempt from vaccine and testing
Please contact our customer services team with details and they will issue you with an exemption letter to show to staff on arrival.
I am travelling from Europe, will you accept EU Digital COVID certification?
Yes, EU Digital COVID Certificates will be accepted
I am under 18, what do I do?
Under 18's do not need to show the COVID Pass or show proof as advised by the NHS, but are still encouraged to test prior to the event.
Please bring any valid photo ID such as, but not limited to, Student ID, Travel Card, Driving License (including provisional) or any PASS accredited card.
What requirements will be in place for future events?
All measures will be implemented in accordance with the guidance from UK and local Government, and they are subject to a constant review.
Any update will be posted on our website and ticket holders will be emailed in advance of their show with full information.
*When Independently tested against Coronavirus DF2 (a surrogate for Coronavirus), Adenovirus, Influenza and Polio, the unit was found to kill 99.9999% of viruses on a single air pass.
**When independently tested against reference bacteria (Klebsiella pneumoniae, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Staphylococcus aureus subsp. Aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes, Escherichia coli), the unit was found to kill 99.9999% of bacteria on a single air pass.