Keeping you safe at events
We are so excited to be welcoming you back to The O2 for events again.
To continue to keep our visitors, staff and artists safe and provide the very best fan experience, we have implemented a number of important measures to reassure and protect everyone at The O2. These measures are implemented in accordance with the current advice and guidance from UK and local Government, and will be continually reviewed.
- We will be requiring all staff working at the event to demonstrate evidence of a negative lateral flow test before coming onto site.
- We are encouraging all visitors to be responsible and to continue to wear a face covering during their visit to The O2, particularly while moving around the venue and in busy spaces like the arena concourses.
- We have partnered with Lifebuoy to become Official Hand Sanitiser of The O2 with free sanitiser stations placed across the venue, and encouraging good hygiene practices by all visitors.
- We have introduced an air purification system throughout the arena with our Official Specialist Hygiene Services partner Rentokil Initial whose VIRUSKILLER™ technology removes and kills 99.9999%* of all airborne bacteria and viruses**, including Coronavirus.
- The O2 arena also has an advanced air filtering system with established quality control measures. Fresh air is brought in at ground level and rises into the arena bowl roof in four locations before being distributed throughout the arena, with stale air exhausted through the arena roof via four extracting fans.
- We have enhanced all cleaning regimes before, during and post event, sanitising all surfaces throughout The O2 including the arena and using long lasting cleaning solutions to reduce the risk of contact infections.
- We have introduced a strict clear bag policy so we can carry out security screening contact-free. Only one see-through bag is allowed per person.
- Finally, we are asking everyone to respect other visitors, keeping your distance where you can and appreciating we are all at different stages of comfort as the vaccinations and easing of restrictions are rolled out, so some people may still be apprehensive.
Thank you for your co-operation with these measures. We all have a part to play in helping beat the pandemic, and it’s important that we return to live events in the most socially responsible and secure way possible, so that we can continue to host the greatest live acts in the world at The O2.
We can’t wait to see you here.
*When Independently tested against Coronavirus DF2 (a surrogate for Coronavirus), Adenovirus, Influenza and Polio, the unit was found to kill 99.9999% of viruses on a single air pass
**When independently tested against reference bacteria (Klebsiella pneumoniae, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Staphylococcus aureus subsp. Aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes, Escherichia coli), the unit was found to kill 99.9999% of bacteria on a single air pass